Changelogs from build 20150709 to 20150710
Changesfile not available.
systemd (222-1ubuntu1) wily; urgency=medium
* Merge with Debian unstable. Remaining Ubuntu changes:
- Hack to support system-image read-only /etc, and modify files in
- Keep our much simpler udev maintainer scripts (all platforms must
support udev, no debconf).
- initramfs init-top: Drop scsi_wait_scan and udevadm settle, we do that
in a more sensible way with wait-for-root.
- initramfs init-bottom: If LVM is installed, settle udev,
otherwise we get missing LV symlinks. Workaround for LP #1185394.
- Add debian/udev.lvm2.init: Dummy SysV init script to satisfy insserv
dependencies to "lvm2" which is handled with udev rules in Ubuntu.
- Add debian/udev.lvm2.service to avoid running the dummy lvm2 init
- Provide shutdown fallback for upstart. (LP: #1370329)
- debian/extra/ifup@.service: Additionally run for "auto" class. We don't
really support "allow-hotplug" in Ubuntu at the moment, so we need to
deal with "auto" devices appearing after "/etc/init.d/networking start"
already ran. (LP: #1374521) Also run ifup in the background during boot,
to avoid blocking network.target. (LP: #1425376)
- ifup@.service: Drop dependency on networking.service (i. e.
/etc/init.d/networking), and merely ensure that /run/network exists.
This avoids unnecessary dependencies/waiting during boot and dependency
cycles if hooks wait for other interfaces to come up (like ifenslave
with bonding interfaces). (LP: #1414544)
- Add Get-RTC-is-in-local-time-setting-from-etc-default-rc.patch: In
Ubuntu we currently keep the setting whether the RTC is in local or UTC
time in /etc/default/rcS "UTC=yes|no", instead of /etc/adjtime.
- Put session scopes into all cgroup controllers. This makes unprivileged
user LXC containers work under systemd. (LP: #1346734)
- systemctl: Don't forward telinit u to upstart. This works around
upstart's Restart() always reexec'ing /sbin/init on Restart(), even if
that changes to point to systemd during the upgrade. This avoids running
systemd during a dist-upgrade. (LP: #1430479)
- Drop hwdb-update dependency from udev-trigger.service, which got
introduced in v219-stable. This causes udev and plymouth to start too
late and isn't really needed in Ubuntu yet as we don't support stateless
systems yet and handle hwdb.bin updates through dpkg triggers. This can
be dropped again with initramfs-tools 0.117.
- Lower Breaks: to plymouth version which has the udev inotify fix in
- Lower apparmor Breaks: to the Ubuntu version that dropped $remote_fs.
- Change systemd-sysv's conflicts to upstart-sysv. (LP: #1422681)
Upgrade fixes, keep until 16.04 LTS release:
- systemd Conflicts/Replaces/Provides systemd-services.
- Remove obsolete systemd-logind upstart job.
- Clean up obsolete /etc/udev/rules.d/README.
* systemd.postinst: Migrate mountall specific fstab options to standard
util-linux "nofail" option.
* Add autopkgtest for user session cgroup permissions. This covers our "Put
session scopes into all cgroup controllers" patch for unprivileged LXC
* core-Put-session-scopes-into-all-cgroup-controllers.patch: Update
unit_get_cgroup_mask() to declare that user session scope units want all
cgroup controllers, to avoid resetting them. This re-fixes user LXC
containers. (LP: #1470060)
systemd (222-1) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Martin Pitt ]
* New upstream release:
- Fix reload killing BusName= units. (Closes: #746151)
- sysv-generator: detect invalid names and escape them. (Closes: #677075)
- Document removal of PIDFile on daemon shutdown. (Closes: #734006)
- Drop Revert-rules-fix-tests-for-removable-state.patch, the auto-suspend
rules now got dropped entirely.
* Add Revert-VT-reuse-patches.patch: Revert a couple of logind VT reuse
patches which alternately broke lightdm and gdm.
* debian/libsystemd0.symbols: Add new symbols from this release.
* Disable test-netlink during package build, fails on some buildds.
* udev.postinst: Don't call addgroup with --quiet, so that if the "input"
group already exists as a non-system group you get a sensible error
message. Some broken tutorials forget the --system option.
(Closes: #769948, LP: #1455956)
* systemd.postinst: Drop the --quiet from the addgroup calls as well, same
reason as above. (Closes: #762275)
* udev: Drop doc dir symlinking. It has caused too much trouble and only
marginally helps to avoid duplication. Such duplication should be dealt
with at the distro, not package level.
* debian/rules: Entirely ignore $LD_PRELOAD instead of just libfakeroot in
the link check, to also avoid libeatmydata. (Closes: #790546)
* boot-and-services, display-managers autopkgtests: Install and configure
dummy X.org driver, so that these work in headless machines/VMs.
* systemd-fsckd autopkgtest: Stop using/asserting on lightdm, just check
that default.target is active. lightdm is prone to fail in test
environments, and fiddling with it in two other autopkgtests is
* debian/watch: Adjust to new upstream release model of only providing the
github tag tarballs.
* Drop dsl-modem.agent. It hasn't been maintained/tested for many years, few
if any people actually use this, and this doesn't belong into udev.
[ Michael Biebl ]
* Stop building the Python 3 bindings. They were split into a separate
source package upstream and are now built from src:python-systemd. See
* Remove obsolete --disable-chkconfig configure option.
* Move the man pages for libnss-myhostname, libnss-mymachines and udev.conf
from systemd into the correct package. Move the zsh completion file for
udevadm into the udev package as well. Add Breaks/Replaces accordingly.
* Drop rules which remove pre-generated files before build. The upstream
tarball no longer ships any pre-generated files so this is no longer
* Fix cleanup rule for Python byte code files.
telepathy-ofono (0.2+15.10.20150709-0ubuntu1) wily; urgency=medium
[ Gustavo Pichorim Boiko ]
* Sync the fix that was applied on OTA5: [ Gustavo Pichorim Boiko ]
Set the status to accepted once a call is accepted.
telephony-service (0.1+15.10.20150709-0ubuntu1) wily; urgency=medium
[ Gustavo Pichorim Boiko ]
* Sync the fixes that were released in OTA5: (LP: #1384274, #1433068,
#1412709, #1427286, #1453004)
webbrowser-app (0.23+15.10.20150709.3-0ubuntu1) wily; urgency=medium
[ CI Train Bot ]
* New rebuild forced.
[ Olivier Tilloy ]
* Desktop tabs for convergence. added: