Changelogs from build 20140101.1 to 20140102
Changesfile not available.
e2fsprogs (1.42.9-2ubuntu1) trusty; urgency=medium
* Merge from Debian unstable, remainging changes:
Block pkg-create-dbgsym from operating on this package.
Build without dietlibc-dev, which is in universe
Use the autotools-dev dh addon to update config.guess/config.sub for new
Regenerate with ./debian/rules debian/control
* Dropped changes, already in upstream/debian:
Apply multiarch fixes to the blkid version check. Fixes cross-FTBFS.
e2fsprogs (1.42.9-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix lintian warning: debian-changelog-has-wrong-weekday
* Fix lintian warning: non-standard-dir-perm by using dh_strip's
--dbg-package option instead of manually managing the debug files
* Fix printf type format mismatch in e2image
* Improved debugfs's error reporting when parsing block numbers
* Use consistent configure options across the multiple e2fsprogs
builds; this means that e2fsck.static will now use the blkid library
shipped with util-linux, instead of the internal one shipped with
the e2fsprogs sources.
e2fsprogs (1.42.9-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version
* NMU ack (Closes: #698879)
* Fix cross-build support (Closes: #721365)
* mke2fs will detect an attempt to create a file system on a
loop-mounted image file
* Fixed a large number of bugs in resize2fs, e2fsck, debugfs, to
handle bigalloc and 64-bit file systems.
* Tune2fs will no longer allow changing the uuid on a mounted file
system with the uninit_bg feature enabled.
* E2fsck will properly allocate a new extent tree block in the rare
case where one is needed when rehashing an extent-mapped directory.
* Mke2fs wil now properly set the LARGE_FILE feature when creating a
journal > 2GB.
* Debugfs will now correctly handle free a range of inodes using the
* E2fsck will no longer complain if an external journal was exactly
* E2fsck will not longer try to add a missing lost+found directory
when run in read-only mode.
* Fixed some buffer overrun bugs when creating standard e2image files
* Mke2fs will not try to set both the meta_bg and resize_inode feature
when the extended option "-E resize=NNN" is specified by the user.
* Dumpe2fs will no longer abort when trying to print the journal
information from an e2image-created image file.
* Debugfs's "write" command can now create a sparse files
* Debugfs can now support a command line which is up to 8k long
* E2image will refuse to create a raw or qcomw image using a mounted
file system unless the -f option is given.
* E2image has been made more useful for efficiently copying file
systems using the -ra options. New options to help with this use
case that were added: -o, -O, -p, and -c.
* Fixed a regression introduced in 1.42.8 which would cause e2fsck to
erroneously report uninitialized extents past i_size to be invalid.
* Fixed cases where resize2fs could corrupt a file system, especially
when shrinking a file system. (Closes: #660793)
* Fixed resize2fs and e2fsck to not crash when operating on a file
system with the MMP feature enabled.
* Fixed debugfs's write command to properly create a zero-length file
(instead of creating an invalid inode).
* Fixed e2fsck to not crash when trying to delete an invalid
* Improved debugfs's help texts
* Fixed a potential integer overflow problem in e2freefrag
* The config.guess and config.sub files have been updated to the
latest to help with the ppcle port. (Closes: #732076)
* Updated/fixed various man pages. (Closes: #586218, #669730,
Changesfile not available.